Looking for fun spring or Easter crafts that are also educational? Look no further!
Write various numbers in the center of the carrot. Encourage your child to then bead the number that you write in the center of the carrot.
- Green beads
- Green pipe cleaners
- Orange paint
- Moving tape (or contact paper)
- Dry erase marker
- Trace a carrot (tip—it’s just a long triangle with curved edges!) and cut it out.
- Paint your carrot cutout orange.
- When the paint dries, punch holes in the top and thread the pipe cleaners. You can secure the pipe cleaners by taping them down the back of the carrot.
- Trim the “fronds” a bit (otherwise the pipe cleaners are too long for threading a few beads).
- Wrap the moving tape around the carrot to create a dry erase surface.
Tips with Miss Charlotte
You can use dice to make this even more playful! Instead of writing numbers inside of the carrot, roll the dice to see what numbers you get, and have your little one add that amount of beads to their carrot.
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!