Dyed Rainbow Acorns in Bowls
- Unfinished Wooden Material
- Container to Soak
- Heavy Glass Object (to weigh them down)
- Color Dye
- Metal Spoon
- Submerge your Wooden Object (Ex. bowls, acorns, coins, blocks, family pegs, barrels, eggs, etc.,) You want to submerge them just enough to cover the top, about a half an inch.
- Once you have measured the amount of water you need, remove the wooden object and add 10-12 drops of color dye. For the red, add crimson to help achieve a rich red color. For purple, rather than mixing red and blue, find a pure purple color dye and add two drops of blue to help enrich the color.
- Insert the wooden material and weigh it down with a glass object.
- After 20 minutes, check your material. You can leave it in longer for a deeper color if you wish.
- You can use a strainer, tongs, or gloves to remove the item. Set it standing upright on a paper towel and let dry overnight.
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!