- Take your chosen wooden objects (bowls, acorns, coins, blocks, family pegs, barrels, eggs, etc.), and submerge them just enough to cover the top, about half an inch.
- Once you have measured the amount of water you need, remove the wooden object and add 10-12 drops of color dye. For the red, add crimson to help achieve a rich color. For purple, rather than mixing red and blue, find a pure purple color dye and add two drops of blue to help enrich the color.
- Insert the wooden material and weigh it down with a glass object.
- After 20 minutes, check your material. You can leave it in longer for a deeper color if you wish!
- You can use a strainer, tongs, or gloves to remove the item. Set it standing upright on a paper towel and let it dry overnight.
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!