Rainbow Hape Eggs
- Take your chosen wooden objects (bowls, acorns, coins, blocks, family pegs, barrels, eggs, etc.) and submerge them just enough to cover the top about a half an inch.
- Once you have measured the amount of water you need, remove the wooden objects and add 10-12 drops of color dye. For the red, add crimson to help achieve a rich color. For purple, rather than mixing red and blue, find a pure purple color dye and add two drops of blue to help enrich the color.
- Insert the wooden materials, and weigh them down with a glass object.
- After 20 minutes, check your materials. You can leave them in longer for a deeper color if you wish.
- You can use a strainer, tongs, or gloves to remove the item. Set them standing upright on a paper towel and let dry overnight.
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!