This is a wonderful activity for both fine and gross motor skills, getting the large arm muscles working, and hand-eye coordination (pouring).
- 6 toilet paper rolls
- Colored dye
- Baking soda
- Hot glue
- Parchment paper
- Paint markers
- On each toilet paper roll, using a different color per roll, draw an expression to match the color.
- Line them up over parchment paper. Place hot glue around the edge of the toilet paper roll and adhere it to the parchment paper.
- Carefully scoop baking soda to fill the rolls halfway.
- Add 3-5 drops of color dye on top of the baking soda.
- Encourage your little one to pour the vinegar and name the emotion!
Tips with Miss Charlotte
You can set this up with a dropper and cup of vinegar or a kid-sized pitcher with vinegar.
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!