- Baking Soda
- Color Dye
- Small Bowl (for mixing)
- Metal Spoon
- In a medium sized bowl, measure 8 ounces of baking soda.
- When you Add a few drops of water (a tablespoon to start), then add 3-5 drops of color dye directly on top of the water. You will need to add enough water to make a paste; not too wet or too flaky/dry.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Begin with red. Wrap it around from one side to the top and back down the other side. Leave space on the bottom for clouds.
- Repeat these steps in the sequence of the color of the rainbow. Each time, decrease the amount of baking soda by a few tablespoons.
- You can set this up the night before, but if your mixture is too wet, the colors will bleed into each other.
- Finish it off with a dropper and a jar of white vinegar.
Cause and effect
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!