Halloween Sensory Bin
Set up this spooky fun sensory bin with festive colored rice; we chose purple, lime green, orange, and black. Add in fake spiders and other Halloween themed items. We love the Dollar Tree for fun play materials such as these. Add in scoopers, funnels, toilet paper rolls, paper towel roll etc. You can use any recycled material for “tools” to practice scooping, pouring and measuring.
- Uncooked rice
- Large bag
- Parchment paper or paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Trays or cookie sheets
- Colored dye (Try for some Halloween colors!)
- Begin by placing 2 cups of dried rice in a plastic bag.
- Add two squirts of hand sanitizer and 3-5 drops of color dye. Add a little at a time; you can always add more color to make it brighter.
- Give it a good shake!
- Spread out paper towels or parchment paper on the trays and place the rice on the tray.
- Spread the rice out so it has space to dry. Don't pile it on too thick, or it won't dry properly.
Tips with Miss Charlotte
Use some black painter’s tape to create a spiderweb over your bin!
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!