- Paper (Can be white or colorful paper, your choice!)
- Black marker
- Lids to jars (sauce, jam, nut butters etc.)
- Depending on your child’s interest, start with three to four lids.
- Trace the lid onto the paper.
- Draw arrows on the lids in various directions—Up, down, left, right.
- Now draw arrows on the circles you traced on the paper for the child to match the lids to.
- Make as many pieces of paper with patterns as your child is interested in.
- Have fun with it! If they are really into the idea, you can collect small water bottle caps to make more complex patterns.
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!