Painted Hape Eggspressions
- Unfinished Wooden Eggs and Cups
- Tempera Paint
- Paint Markers
- Tray and Parchment Paper
- Paint Brushes
- Begin painting each cup with a color of the rainbow. Wait until they are fully dried and apply a second layer of paint.
- Using a paint marker, make eyes on each face and wait for them to dry---this will take about 15 minutes.
- Next, using a pencil, lightly draw the mouth on each face. When you have the placement and shape of the mouth you wish, use a paint marker to trace over it.
- Then, add the remaining facial expressions to complete the emotions.
- You can continue exploring emotions and facial expressions with a fun match game!
- Cut out six circles.
- Use the same facial expressions that you drew on the eggs, and create identical facial expressions on the circle cut outs.
- Cut a straight line through each face. Mix them up and encourage your child to find the matches!
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!