Turkey Tape Resist
This activity builds fine motor skills, creativity and focus. While your child is painting, their little mind is exploring paint strokes and their imagination. The act of painting standing up builds their gross motor skills by working the hand, wrist, arm and shoulder muscles.
- Large brown paper
- Painters tape
- Paint—we chose metallic for some sparkle!
- Googly eyes
- Cut-out facial features
- In the center of the paper, secure the tape in a mix of a pentagon/hexagon shape.
- Secure strands of tape starting with the top and sides working your way in.
- Then make smaller cuts of tape, securing them in a V-shape all around.
- Offer soft paint brushes and let your child have fun exploring the paint.
- Before the paint dries, encourage your child to peel the tape back (slowly) starting from the top or sides.
Enjoyed these DIY projects?
Join the Playgarden Online community today for more preschool activities at home!