Playgarden Associates, LLC, Playgarden Madison Prep, LLC, Playgarden, Playgarden Prep, and Playgarden Prep Online (“we” or “Playgarden”) strive to create a safe educational environment for all children. Throughout our services (collectively “services”) — the Playgarden Prep Apps for mobile devices, the online education website of Playgarden Prep (playgardenonline.com) – we adhere to a strict policy of respecting the privacy of our users.
We do not collect personal information from children. Children do not provide personal information to access and use our online services. The Playgarden Prep website and apps directed toward children operate in accordance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Playgarden does not display any advertising to children.
Personal Information Collection and Use
We may ask adult users (“you”) to provide information about themselves and the users of the services when logging in to the account portion of Playgarden Prep or when completing a purchase in our store. We do not ask for or collect information from children.
- Basic Membership Information: When you become a member of Playgarden, you must provide general personal information such as your name, email address, name or identifier of your child, and a password. We may again ask for this information when you login or when you make changes to your account.
- Payment Information: When you make a purchase, whether it is for an online membership or a physical product, we require billing and shipping information. We send payment information to a secure and nationally recognized payment processor. Once a purchase has been made we do not store credit card numbers, nor do we have access to credit card numbers through our payment processor. In order to provide customer service, we retain the details of a purchase, such as the payment date, the billing address, and the shipping address.
- Use of Information: We use the information we collect to operate, maintain and enhance the services we provide, as well as to communicate with you about your account or from time to time to send you emails about services or activities that may be of interest to you.
- Third Parties: We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties. We do share or disclose your personal information with our trusted vendors, but only as needed to provide our services. These vendor services may include hosting, email delivery, and payment services.
Technical Information Collection and Use
When you use Playgarden Prep Online on a computer or mobile device, we may collect some basic technical information in order to customize your experience as well as to improve our services.
- Other Information: We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from a user’s browser, including a user’s IP address. We may collect information about the browser, operating system, or mobile device being used, as well as information about geographic locations and patterns of usage. We keep these records so that we can analyze the ‘big picture’ of how our visitors use our site and to analyze any technical problems that could occur.
- Use of Information: We use the information collected to deliver content, support, track and enhance a user’s experience of our services. By understanding usage trends, behaviors and preferences of our users, we can improve our services and develop new features and functionality.
Updating Information and Disclosure of Information
Please contact us at email@example.com to update or delete your personal information. We may not be able to delete information in all instances, such as information retained in technical support logs and other business records.
Playgarden may disclose information we have retained if we believe it necessary to comply with a legal process, law enforcement investigation, or government request. We may also divulge collected information in response to fraud or technical security issues or in matters of public safety. Any such disclosure will be tailored to disclose only the specifically requested information to the requesting authority.
International Visitors and Use Outside the U.S.
- Request a copy of the personal information about you that we have
- Correct any inaccuracies in personal data about you that we have
- Withdraw your consent where we have requested your consent to process information
- Delete personal information within legally prescribed limitations
- Lodge a complaint with the appropriate public authority if you have any concerns about how we process or retain your data
If you have any questions or requests concerning these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your inquiry will be responded to as soon as possible but within 30 days of our receipt of your request.
COPPA and FERPA
We do not collect personal information from children or track children’s progress. Children do not provide personal information to use and access our services. The Playgarden websites and apps directed toward children operate in accordance and are consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Our servers are located in a secured, locked, and monitored environment. Data access is controlled by several firewall layers. Since no system is absolutely fail proof, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. However, we employ physical, technical and administrative security measures designed to safeguard user information that follow industry standards.
Advertising and Social Media
Playgarden does not display any advertising to children on our websites or apps. We strongly believe that children should not be the targets of marketing efforts during their educational experience. Resources for grown-ups may contain links to social media services, but are kept separate from children’s activities and safeguarded behind a parent gate.
Please contact Playgarden with any questions or comments.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: Playgarden, 95 Franklin Street, New York NY 10013
Last Updated: January 4, 2021.