DIY New Year’s Crafts for You and Your Little One
Ringing in the New Year DIY-Style!
Phew! You and your little one have almost made it! The school year can be pretty long and tough, and so can the actual one, especially in such complicated uncertain times. The winter break is usually a much-needed decompressor for everyone, and so it’s time to celebrate all of your successes from the year as well as relax from all your stressors to ring in the new year. New Years can be an amazing time for you and your little one to enjoy some extra quality time together, and DIY crafts can be a great way to do this! Here are two ideas for fun activities you and your little one can do together before the ball drops:
For this activity, you will need: plates, hot glue, beads, festive decorations, popsicle sticks
- Have your little one use fun stickers, tinsel or other fun and festive items to decorate the outside of two plates!
- After they’ve finished and the plates are dried and ready, help them place lots of beads or other noise-making items on one of the plates
- Use hot glue to line the edge of the plates with beads in it, and gently place a popsicle stick vertically so that your little one has a holder to grasp when they use it.
- Finally, stick the other plate on top of the plate with beads and wait for it to dry
For this activity you will need: rainbow colored jumbo popsicle sticks or painted popsicle sticks, hot glue, bedazzling items, glitter glue
- Start by hot gluing five of your popsicle sticks together! Layer them into a “v” shape so that they make a star.
- Once you’ve done this and the sticks are all dried together, offer them to your little one to decorate! Encourage them to use gems, glitter glue or whatever other fun and sparkly tools they’d like.
- After your little one has finished decorating, let the stars dry.
- Finally, hang them up to decorate using twine or any other string you’d like!
These crafts are fun and simple ways that you and your little one can spend time together before the clock strikes 12 on New Years, and will let your little one flex those creative muscles, too! Try Our Online Preschool for FREE! Playgarden Prep offers numerous educational videos from real teachers, sensory activities for toddlers, and hundreds of DIY projects that support early learning and development.
School Readiness: What Really Matters?May 18, 2023
How Does Community Support Contribute to Education?April 24, 2023
Potty Training Tips from Miss BethSeptember 28, 2023
5 Homeschool Activities for ToddlersSeptember 19, 2023
Time-Out vs. Time-InSeptember 14, 2023
3 Ways to Ensure Toddlers Are Getting the Nutrients They Need
Hi, I'm Miss Charlotte!
Miss Charlotte is an Education Director by trade, and a mom by heart. All 200+ of our DIY projects were created by Miss Charlotte, with the help of her expert DIY assistant—Her 4 year old daughter! With a MST degree in Early Childhood Education and 15 years of teaching experience, her blogs and DIY projects have been an incredible resource for our Playgarden Prep schools. We hope that your family loves them as much as we do!